13-Yr-Previous Ohio Boy Lifeless After Trying Harmful TikTok Pattern ‘Benadryl Problem’

A teen who had his complete life forward of him has sadly handed away after collaborating in a harmful TikTok development.

Jacob Stevens, a 13-year-old Ohio native, is lifeless after overdosing on allergy medicine within the title of the“Benadryl Problem” — a development that has plagued the video sharing app for years. The purpose of the life threatening dare is to eat 12-14 tablets of the allergy drug in an effort to expertise a hallucinogenic excessive — however sadly for Jacob, it as a substitute claimed his life.

His father, Justin Stevens, spoke with ABC over the weekend, the place he shared particulars of his teen’s remaining moments:

“When he did all of it got here without delay and it was an excessive amount of for his physique.”

Related: TikTok User Kidnaps Girlfriend In Disturbing Proposal Prank

He added that the 13-year-old was at house with mates when he tried the problem, however his physique rapidly started seizing. Instantly, the involved father rushed his son to the hospital, the place he was met with devastating information:

“No mind scan, there was nothing there. They stated we may hold him on the vent that he may lay there however he won’t ever open his eyes, he’ll by no means breathe, smile, stroll or discuss.”

We will’t even start to think about what it was prefer to obtain that world shattering information. Ugh. How terrible.

After six days on a ventilator, Jacob handed away final Wednesday in what his father known as “the worst day” of his life. The late teen is described in his obituary as, “a well-mannered, humorous, loving child,” who “loved listening to music, taking part in soccer, and hanging out together with his mates.”

In an official assertion to a number of retailers, a spokesperson for TikTok stated:

“Our deepest sympathies exit to the household. At TikTok, we strictly prohibit and take away content material that promotes harmful habits with the protection of our neighborhood as a precedence. We’ve by no means seen this kind of content material development on our platform and have blocked searches for years to assist discourage copycat habits. Our group of 40,000 security professionals works to take away violations of our Neighborhood Pointers and we encourage our neighborhood to report any content material or accounts they’re involved about.”

The official Benadryl model has additionally come ahead with a press release of their very own, declaring:

“We perceive that buyers might have heard about a web based ‘problem’ involving the misuse or abuse of diphenhydramine. The problem, which includes ingestion of extreme portions of diphenhydramine, is a harmful development and must be stopped instantly. BENADRYL® merchandise and different diphenhydramine merchandise ought to solely be used as directed by the label.

Collaboration and training are essential to placing an finish to this harmful misuse. We’re working with TikTok and different social platforms to take away content material that showcases this habits. We’ll look to companion throughout trade and with key stakeholders to deal with this harmful habits.”

Jacob’s grandmother, Dianna Stevens, instructed ABC:

“I’m going to do something I can to verify one other little one doesn’t undergo it.”

Associated: The State Of Montana Simply Banned TikTok

Watch extra (under):

A GoFundMe placed on by Jacob’s aunt, Ashley Dean, which you’ll be able to go to HERE, added:

“No mom ought to should say goodbye to their child! That is so heartbreaking and I’ve no phrases to consolation her please something will assist.”

So, so unhappy.

This, in fact, was not the primary fatality from the harmful problem, as we reported again in 2021 {that a} consumer had died in 2020 from the development. On the time, the US Meals & Drug Administration warned in a press release:

“Taking larger than advisable doses of the widespread over-the-counter (OTC) allergy drugs diphenhydramine (Benadryl) can result in critical coronary heart issues, seizures, coma, and even dying.”

We’re so unhappy to see one other younger life misplaced to the harmful problem. This needs to be stopped. What are your ideas? Share your assist within the feedback down under.

[Images via Ashley Dean/GoFundMe & ABC/YouTube]

The put up 13-Yr-Previous Ohio Boy Lifeless After Trying Harmful TikTok Pattern ‘Benadryl Problem’ appeared first on Perez Hilton.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.