Father Of 13-12 months-Previous Who Died In TikTok 'Benadryl Problem' Warns Mother and father Of Risks

The daddy of 13-year-old Jacob Stevens has a message for all dad and mom following his son’s tragic loss of life.

As you could have heard, the younger teen from Ohio died final month on account of an overdose on allergy medicine — he was taking part in a viral problem making a wave on TikTok known as the “Benadryl problem.” The pattern has been round for years, with the purpose being to take 12-14 tablets of the antihistamine with a view to induce a hallucinogenic excessive. It’s very harmful and has reportedly claimed the lives of a number of individuals. So, so unhappy.

Associated: 16-12 months-Previous Burned 80 % Of His Physique After TikTok Problem

Based on Justin Stevens, the boy’s father, Jacob was house alone with pals when he tried the problem. As a substitute of getting excessive, although, his physique began seizing. Heartbreakingly, when he was delivered to the hospital he was placed on a ventilator, and his mind scans confirmed no exercise. He was declared braindead and his household needed to make the onerous determination to take him off of the vent. Six days after taking the drugs, he died.

The grieving household isn’t letting their son’s loss of life be mindless, although, as they’ve determined to talk out in opposition to these harmful web tendencies — Justin specifically doesn’t need different dad and mom to need to expertise what he’s going by way of. Whereas talking with The US Solar over the weekend, the dad mentioned:

“You’re searching for a enjoyable or a very good time at first, however, nicely, the end result’s not all the time enjoyable and video games. My son misplaced his life attempting to have a very good time with a few his pals and actually didn’t understand what he was doing.”

He felt now greater than ever it was necessary to warn households and youthful children of the horrors of his son’s “dangerous determination” and the “freak accident” that took his life:

“It was our son’s shell laying there with a machine pumping oxygen into him. He didn’t make a transfer, nothing for six days.”

Simply gut-wrenching…

The heartbroken dad additionally took time at Jacob’s funeral final Wednesday to warn his son’s pals attending concerning the harmful pattern:

“When you hear your folks speaking about attempting to do one thing like this or no matter, inform an grownup. I simply tried to precise to them to look out for one another and don’t discuss your folks into doing stuff like that. Speak them out of it.”

Justin additionally mentioned he’s attempting to get firms to implement age restrictions on over-the-counter medicine and social media apps after his son’s passing:

“If it takes me the remainder of my life to do one thing, it’s gonna occur.”

Our hearts proceed to be with Justin and the remainder of Jacob’s household as they navigate this unthinkable tragedy. No household ought to ever need to expertise one thing like this, nevertheless it’s great how they’re placing their voices on the market to try to put an finish to those mindless deaths…

What do U suppose, Perezcious readers? Ought to age restrictions on OTC meds and social media develop into widespread? Tell us (under).

[Image via WSYX ABC 6/YouTube/Ashley Dean/GoFundMe]

The submit Father Of 13-12 months-Previous Who Died In TikTok 'Benadryl Problem' Warns Mother and father Of Risks appeared first on Perez Hilton.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.